Is it to early to project the teams that will make the College Football Playoffs? No way! The following article is going to show an in depth look at the teams that we at The Backfield Press project to make and win the Playoffs.
- Ohio State University: Preseason #1. The Buckeyes were 5th in points for and 26th and points against last year. With the healthy return of all three QBs to the Buckeyes offense along with Ezekiel Elliott running the ball and Joey Bosa stuffing the other teams runners the Buckeyes look at another National Championship. The Buckeyes were 5th in points for and 26th and points against last year.
- Texas Christian University: Preseason #2. The Horned Frogs return a very strong defense that ranked 8th in points against last season. Not to mention they also return a stud QB with a back up as some may know as Kenny Trill. Trevone Boykin ended the year almost making the Heisman finalist. Kenny Hill his back up from Texas A&M, who was a top the early Heisman race in 2014.
- Final Score of the National Championship: Ohio State 35 TCU: 31. A decent scoring game with strong defenses, but the offenses will be to much to handle.
- USC: Preseason #7. The Trojans lost their stand out wide receiver Nelson Agholor, but they do return stud QB Cody Kessler which can make a standout wide receiver out of anyone. Kessler will be the Trojan Horse that sneaks them into the playoffs, possibly getting to the title game.
- Clemson: Preseason #9. The Tigers are the favorite to win the ACC. As long as they can escape Notre Dame, and Georgia Tech back to back weeks and Florida State down the road the Tigers can creep into the playoffs. Deshaun Watson played well last year under Cole Stoudt last year and will have to bring his A game to escape the wild ACC.
For the rest of the BP Preseason Power Rankings, click here.
Photo Credit: Jesse Johnson-USA TODAY Sports, LM Otero/Associated Press and Matthew Emmons, USA TODAY Sports